Musings of a Reader has complete rights to modify the terms and conditions from time to time without any prior notice whatsoever. Changes to our website will be effective from the date they are posted and the continued use of Musings of a Reader after changes will signify your agreement to be bound by them.
The content provided on this website is for information purpose only. And the author is not responsible for direct, indirect or accidental damages of any product in the form of text, images, graphics, links provided on the site.
Image Usage Policy
The copyright and intellectual property rights of photos and graphical images are the sole property of Musings of a Reader and if the images are taken from other sources, we do mention the credits below the image or article.
However, you can also use or access the images and content by agreeing not to directly/indirectly download, change or transform into other sources. You don’t have any right to change or delete the promotional tags that are included in a website or post without seeking prior permission from Musings of a Reader.
1. User Account, Password, and Security
If you use the Platform, You shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Display Name and Password and You shall be responsible for all activities that occur under your Display Name and Password. You agree that if You provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, We shall have the right to indefinitely suspend or terminate or block access of your membership on the Platform.
You agree to
– immediately notify Musings of a Reader of any unauthorized use/breach of your password or account and
– ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session.
2. Services Offered
Musings of a Reader provides a number of Internet-based services through the Platform. One such Service enables Users to purchase original merchandise such as literary items, clothing, and accessories. The Products can be purchased through the Platform through various methods of payments offered. The sale/purchase of Products shall be additionally governed by specific policies of sale, like cancellation policy, exchange policy, return policy, etc. It is clarified that at the time of creating a return request, users are required to confirm (via a check box click) that the product being returned is unused and has the original tags intact. If the product returned by the user is used, damaged or if the original tags are missing, the user’s return request shall be declined, and the said product shall be re-shipped back to the customer.
3. User Conduct and Rules on the Platform
You agree, undertake and confirm that Your use of the Platform shall be strictly governed by the following binding principles:
– You shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information which:
– belongs to another person and to which You do not have any right to
is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, pedophilia, libelous, invasive of another privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever
– is misleading in any way
– involves the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters”, or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming”
– promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous
– infringes upon or violates any third party’s rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, rights of privacy (including without limitation unauthorized disclosure of a person’s name, email address, physical address or phone number) or rights of publicity
– contains restricted or password-only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page)
– provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses
– contains video, photographs, or images of another person (with a minor or an adult).
– tries to gain unauthorized access or exceeds the scope of authorized access to the Platform or to profiles, blogs, communities, account information, bulletins, friend request, or other areas of the Platform or solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users
– interferes with another user’s use and enjoyment of the Platform or any other individual’s User and enjoyment of similar services
– infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights or third party’s trade secrets or rights of publicity or privacy or shall not be fraudulent or involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen products
– violates any law for the time being in force
– threatens the unity, integrity, defense, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offense or prevents investigation of any offense or is insulting any other nation
– shall not be false, inaccurate or misleading
– shall not create liability for Us or cause Us to lose (in whole or in part) the services of Our internet service provider (“ISPs”) or other suppliers
A User may be considered fraudulent or loss to business due to fraudulent activity if any of the following scenarios are met:
– Users doesn’t reply to the payment verification mail sent by Musings of a Reader
– Users fails to produce adequate documents during the payment details verification
– Misuse of another user’s phone/email
– Users uses invalid address, email and phone no.
– Overuse of a voucher code
– Use of a special voucher not tagged to the email ID used.
– Users returns the wrong product
– Users refuses to pay for an order
– Users involved in the snatch and run of any order
– Miscellaneous activities conducted with the sole intention to cause loss to business/revenue to Musings of a Reader
– User with a very high return rate
– Repeated request for monetary compensation for fake/used order
Musings of a Reader may cancel any order that classify as ‘Bulk Orders’/’Fraud orders’ under certain criteria at any stage of the product delivery. An order can be classified as ‘Bulk Order’/’Fraud Order’ if it meets with the below mentioned criteria, and any additional criteria as defined by Musings of a Reader:
– Products ordered are not for self-consumption but for commercial resale
Multiple orders placed for same product at the same address, depending on the product category.
– Bulk quantity of the same product ordered
– Invalid address given in order details
– Any malpractice used to place the order
– Any promotional voucher used for placing the ‘Bulk Order’ may not be refunded
– Any order paced using a technological glitch/loophole.
You shall not use the Platform for any unlawful and fraudulent purposes, which may cause annoyance and inconvenience and abuses any policy and rules of the company and interrupt or causes to interrupt, damages the use by other Users of Musings of a Reader.
You shall not use any false e-mail address, impersonates any person or entity, or otherwise misleads Musings of a Reader by sharing multiple address and phone numbers or transacting with malafide intentions.
You shall not use any “deep-link”, “page-scrape”, “robot”, “spider” or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Platform or any Content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Platform or any Content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Platform. We reserve Our right to bar any such activity.
You shall not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Platform, or any other systems or networks connected to the Platform or to any server, computer, network, or to any of the services offered on or through the Platform, by hacking, password “mining” or any other illegitimate means.
You may not pretend that You are, or that You represent, someone else, or impersonate any other individual or entity
You shall at all times ensure full compliance with the applicable provisions of the Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules thereunder as applicable and as amended from time to time and also all applicable Domestic laws, rules and regulations (including the provisions of any applicable Exchange Control Laws or Regulations in Force) and International Laws, Foreign Exchange Laws, Statutes, Ordinances and Regulations (including, but not limited to Sales Tax/VAT, Income Tax, Octroi, Service Tax, Central Excise, Custom Duty, Local Levies) regarding Your use of Our service and Your listing, purchase, solicitation of offers to purchase, and sale of products or services. You shall not engage in any transaction in an item or service, which is prohibited by the provisions of any applicable law including exchange control laws or regulations for the time being in force.
From time to time, You shall be responsible for providing information relating to the products or services proposed to be sold by You. In this connection, You undertake that all such information shall be accurate in all respects. You shall not exaggerate or over emphasize the attributes of such products or services so as to mislead other Users in any manner.
You shall not engage in advertising to, or solicitation of, other Users of the Platform to buy or sell any products or services, including, but not limited to, products or services related to that being displayed on the Platform or related to us.
The Content posted does not necessarily reflect Musings of a Reader views. In no event shall Musings of a Reader assume or have any responsibility or liability for any Content posted or for any claims, damages or losses resulting from use of Content and/or appearance of Content on the Platform. You hereby represent and warrant that You have all necessary rights in and to all Content which You provide and all information it contains and that such Content shall not infringe any proprietary or other rights of third parties or contain any libelous, tortious, or otherwise unlawful information.
4. Contents Posted on Platform
All text, graphics, user interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, trademarks, logos, sounds, music and artwork (collectively, “Content”), is owned by the Musings of a Reader. However, please note that all product images are representational in nature. You may use information on the products and services purposely made available on the Platform for downloading, provided that You
– do not remove any proprietary notice language in all copies of such documents,
– use such information only for your personal, non-commercial informational purpose and do not copy or post such information on any networked computer or broadcast it in any media,
– make no modifications to any such information, and
– do not make any additional representations or warranties relating to such documents.
5. Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability
All the materials and products (including but not limited to software) and services, included on or otherwise made available to You through Platform are provided on “as is” and “as available” basis without any representation or warranties, express or implied except otherwise specified in writing. Without prejudice to the forgoing paragraph, Musings of a Reader does not warrant that: Platform will be constantly available, or available at all or The information on Platform is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
All the Products sold on Platform are governed by different state laws and if Seller is unable to deliver such Products due to implications of different state laws, Seller will return or will give credit for the amount (if any) received in advance by Seller from the sale of such Product that could not be delivered to You. You will be required to enter a valid phone number while placing an order on the Platform. By registering Your phone number with us, You consent to be contacted by Us via phone calls and/or SMS notifications, in case of any order or shipment or delivery related updates. We will not use your personal information to initiate any promotional phone calls or SMS.
6. E-Platform for Communication
You agree, understand and acknowledge that Musings of a Reader is an online platform that enables you to purchase products listed on the Platform at the price indicated therein at any time.
7. Trademark, Copyright and Restriction
Platform is controlled and operated by Musings of a Reader. All material on Platform, including images, illustrations, audio clips, and video clips, are protected by copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights. Material on Musings of a Reader is solely for Your personal, non-commercial use. You must not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute such material in any way, including by email or other electronic means and whether directly or indirectly and You must not assist any other person to do so.
Without the prior written consent of the owner, modification of the materials, use of the materials on any other Musings of a Reader or networked computer environment or use of the materials for any purpose other than personal, non-commercial use is a violation of the copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary rights, and is prohibited.
8. Limitation of Liability
In no event shall Musings of a Reader be liable for any indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages or any other damages resulting from:
– the use or the inability to use the Services or Products
– unauthorized access to or alteration of the user’s transmissions or data
– breach of condition, representations or warranties by the manufacturer of the Products
– any other matter relating to the services including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in any way connected with the use or performance of the Platform or Service. Musings of a Reader shall not be held responsible for non-availability of the Musings of a Reader during periodic maintenance operations or any unplanned suspension of access to the Musings of a Reader. The User understands and agrees that any material and/or data downloaded at Musings of a Reader is done entirely at Users own discretion and risk and they will be solely responsible for any damage to their mobile or loss of data that results from the download of such material and/or data. To the maximum extend that is permissible under law, Musings of a Reader liability shall be limited to an amount equal to the Products purchased value bought by You. Musings of a Reader shall not be liable for any dispute or disagreement between Users
Musings of a Reader may suspend or terminate your use of the Musings of a Reader or any Service if it believes, in its sole and absolute discretion that you have infringed, breached, violated, abused, or unethically manipulated or exploited any term of these Terms of Service or anyway otherwise acted unethically. Notwithstanding anything in this clause, these Terms of Service will survive indefinitely unless and until Musings of a Reader chooses to terminate them.
10. Jurisdictional Issues/Sale in India Only
Unless otherwise specified, the material on the Platform is presented solely for the purpose of sale in India. Musings of a Reader make no representation that materials in the Platform are appropriate or available for use in other locations/Countries other than India.
11. Governing Law
These terms shall be governed by and constructed in accordance with the laws of India without reference to conflict of laws principles and disputes arising in relation hereto shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts, tribunals, fora, applicable authorities at Bangalore. The place of jurisdiction shall be exclusively in Mumbai.
You acknowledge and undertake that you are accessing the services on the Platform and transacting at your own risk and are using your best and prudent judgment before entering into any transactions through Musings of a Reader. We shall neither be liable nor responsible for any actions or inactions of sellers nor any breach of conditions, representations or warranties by the sellers or manufacturers of the products and hereby expressly disclaim and any all responsibility and liability in that regard.
Delivery Related – User agrees and acknowledges that any claims regarding order delivery (including non-receipt/ non- delivery of order or signature verification) shall be notified to Musings of a Reader within 5 days from the alleged date of delivery of product reflecting on the Musings of a Reader portal. Non notification by You of non-receipt or non-delivery within the time period specified shall be construed as a deemed delivery in respect of that transaction. Musings of a Reader disclaims any liability or responsibility for claims regarding non-delivery, non-receipt of order (including signature verification in Proof of delivery) after 5 days from the alleged date of delivery of product reflecting on the Musings of a Reader portal.
13. Grievance Officer
In accordance with Information Technology Act 2000 and rules made there under and the Consumer Protection (E-Commerce) Rules, 2020, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Time: Mon – Sat (9:00 – 18:00).